Testimony Time

Testimony Time
Just checking into His Presence...

Wednesday 6 May 2015

The Love of God Is All Around Us

God is Love, His love shows beneath us, around us and above us. To serve as an Everlasting reminder, Sant Rajinder Singh explores... The Love of God Is All Around Us Whenever we swim or sail in the ocean, the beautiful blue waters of the sea surround us on all sides. Just as while swimming we are surrounded by the ocean, every second of our lives we are also surrounded by the ocean of divine love. The ocean of God’s love surrounds us. It is not only around us, but within. It is to the right of us, the left of us, above us, below us, and in us. If we could only have the eyes to see, we would find we are perpetually swimming in the ocean of God’s love. In this connection, there is a story of a man who had been meditating many years yet was frustrated because he had not seen God. He had given up many worldly pleasures to meditate and spent long hours meditating in silence. He was devoted and did whatever he could to find God. Finally, he prayed to God, “O Lord, I have been meditating and praying to You all my life, yet You have not appeared to me.” God did not respond to his prayer. The man became more and more impatient and soon started saying, “There is no God. I have wasted my time.” The man strolled along the side of the river, upset at his lack of experience with the Lord. Finally, the man took a pebble and threw it into the river, saying, “O river, I have wasted my life. I have prayed and meditated to find God, but there is no God.” Suddenly, a fish raised its head out of the water, saying, “Why have you thrown a stone at me?” The man apologized and said, “I did not mean to hit you. I only threw it into the river in frustration.” The fish asked, “Why are you frustrated?” The man said, “I have spent my life searching for God, but have not found God. My efforts have been wasted.” The fish said, “You think you have problems? Look at me. I have been swimming in this river my whole life looking for water. I am dying of thirst and cannot find any water to drink.” The man said, “What is wrong with you? You must be a fool instead of a fish. The whole river is filled with water. There is not a spot in the river where there is no water. You are surrounded by water. Just open your fish eyes to see it.” The fish said, “Well, it is the same with you. You are surrounded by God. God is all around you and within you. You are swimming in the Lord and claim there is no God. Who is the bigger fool? You or I?” This amusing story points out a great truth. We are all looking for God, but do not realize God is surrounding us and within us. There is no place where God is not. We only have to open our eyes to see it. God is everywhere. Just as the ocean is all around us, so is God

No comments:

Post a Comment