Testimony Time

Testimony Time
Just checking into His Presence...

Monday 23 August 2021

21st August 2021

Checking into God's Presence… I Samuel 9: 15-20 says: "Now the Lord had told Samuel in his ear a day before Saul came, saying, Tomorrow about this time I will send thee a man out of the land of Benjamin, and thou shalt anoint him to be captain over my people Israel, that he may save my people out of the hand of the Philistines: for I have looked upon my people, because their cry is come unto me. And when Samuel saw Saul, the Lord said unto him, Behold the man whom I spake to thee of! this same shall reign over my people. Then Saul drew near to Samuel in the gate, and said, Tell me, I pray thee, where the seer's house is. And Samuel answered Saul, and said, I am the seer: go up before me unto the high place; for ye shall eat with me to day, and Tomorrow I will let thee go, and will tell thee all that is in thine heart. And as for thine asses that were lost three days ago, set not thy mind on them; for they are found. And on whom is all the desire of Israel? Is it not on thee, and on all thy father's house?" Before Saul began to rule in Israel, he passed through some challenges that pushed him to seek God through Samuel's the Seer. This was part of God's original plan to use the opportunity to make Samuel anoint him as a king over Israel. God already forewarned Samuel before his arrival on what to do to fulfil this commandment. Therefore, Saul's unintentional trip to Samuel was not only due to Kish asses that were lost; it was about God's plan to make him king over Israel. Samuel said to Saul-"I am the seer: go up before me unto the high place; for ye shall eat with me to day, and Tomorrow I will let thee go, and will tell thee all that is in thine heart. And as for thine asses that were lost three days ago, set not thy mind on them; for they are found. And on whom is all the desire of Israel? Is it not on thee, and on all thy father's house?" It became apparent that God intended to prepare Saul spiritually to govern His people Israel; the missing asses, therefore, became the bait that God used to achieve this mission. What are the lost asses in your life? Have you ever considered giving those lapses within your expectations to God? Remember, before the messages of hope, joy, and fulfilment came to fruition in Kish's house and for Saul to become king over Israel, the family entrusted everything into God's care. God also directed Samuel to prepare Saul for this new role: "I am the seer: go up before me unto the high place; for ye shall eat with me to day, and tomorrow I will let thee go". Raise us, oh Lord, to eat with Thee and set our path high to sit with this world's kings and princesses in Jesus Mighty Name. Amen  Http://testimony-times.blogspot.co.uk Just Checking into His Presence...

No comments:

Post a Comment