Testimony Time

Testimony Time
Just checking into His Presence...

Monday 15 February 2016

February 14

Testimony Time:-Very truly, it is Valentine's day today, whilst the day is much celebrated throughout the world either genuinely or otherwise and love is the common theme. If the whole world can declare a day to celebrate the power of love, how can we classify love where holy and truthful people are running dry in the world? Can we assume that what your eyes speak is tantamount to what your countenance exhibits? Can we honestly measure your utterances with the kind of love Christ depicts in the Book of John 15:12-13 which states "This is my commandment: Love each other in the same way I have loved you. There is no greater love than to lay down one’s life for one’s friends." As Christians, can we assume it is so easy to define love with measures only achievable by the word of mouth? Can we infer that the problems we encounter as a child of God stems from the definition and the kind of love we have for one another? Very clearly, verse thirteen of John 15 becomes so much of a riddle because no sane person would be prepared to lay down his/her life for any friend, just as Christ taught us. Until that becomes achievable, it is very impossible to become Christ friend and we cannot claim from the inheritance of the Lord. In John 15:14-17, the principle to enjoy the riches of heaven through Christ is further explained. "You are my friends if you do what I command. I no longer call you slaves, because a master doesn’t confide in his slaves. Now you are my friends, since I have told you everything the Father told me. You didn’t choose me. I chose you. I appointed you to go and produce lasting fruit, so that the Father will give you whatever you ask for, using my name. This is my command: Love each other. Lord on this special day, we want you to empower us so that the love in us can be safely measured against that which Christ Himself prescribed in John 15:12-13 in Jesus name. Amen Http://testimony-times.blogspot.co.uk Just Checking into His Presence... Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment