Testimony Time

Testimony Time
Just checking into His Presence...

Tuesday 20 December 2016

Testimony Time

Testimony Time:-It is natural for those who fell below the benchmark of righteousness to always blame the devil. Believe you me: this system operates in the ideal world and some of its foundation and natural growth can be traced back to churches too. Systematically we have seen trust breached, positions abused and out of routine; people have now started using God's name as an excuse. Intrinsically, it has become a general norm used deliberately by the culprits and those who perpetrate such erroneous acts. Their mission is to see themselves become immediately acceptable by their victims. This is in an open attempt for them to regain back their position of trust with the possibility of committing such act again. How then can you claim to know God? Do you understand the fundamentals of the precepts of God? Have you in anyway tried to discover yourself first? Maybe you don't know that one needs to study and understand oneself before one can be able to invite the presence of God into his/her life. Let us look at what David wrote in Psalm 119: 98-106-"Thou through thy commandments hast made me wiser than mine enemies: for they are ever with me. I have more understanding than all my teachers: for thy testimonies is my meditation. I understand more than the ancients, because I keep thy precepts. I have refrained my feet from every evil way, that I might keep thy word." "I have not departed from thy judgments: for thou hast taught me. How sweet are thy words unto my taste! Yea, sweeter than honey to my mouth! Through thy precepts I understand: therefore I hate every false way. Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path. I have sworn, and I will perform it, that I will keep thy righteous judgments". Before you claim any immunity whatsoever by using the name of God: when God speaks; do you know? How well can you understand God's constant nudges when you are prone to defiling the obvious? God's commandments are obvious in the bible and He expects nothing more! However, it is not untrue that Christians live their lives away from God and they offer constant excuses to justify every unrighteousness. Quite ironically the devils names do play a part in some of these excuses even though we already know what the bible says about him in 2 Corinthians 11:3. "But I am afraid that, as the serpent deceived Eve by his craftiness, your minds will be led astray from the simplicity and purity of devotion to Christ." Interestingly too, some excuses have also come under superfluous attachment to spirituality. Today, how sweet is God’s word to your taste? Could it be sweeter than the devil in your mouth? Do you understand through God's precept so you can hate every falsehood? Thy word is a lamp unto our feet and a light unto our path: so we have sworn; give us the understanding and the will to perform them so we can keep Your righteous judgments". Amen Just Checking into His Presence...

No comments:

Post a Comment